HomeOwnership.org counseling services are provided by credit.org’s nonprofit housing counselors. Credit.org, a HUD-approved agency, has been serving the community and helping people like you since 1974. Funding is provided by private and public grants, therefore your counseling session is completely free of charge.
Loan Modifications and Foreclosure Help
Find out your options and get advice on foreclosure alternatives, loan modifications, government mortgage relief, short sales, forbearance, deed-in-lieu and more. A housing counselor can help you:
- Identify all available mortgage relief options
- Create a customized action plan
- Provide budget suggestions
- Help negotiate directly with your lender
All you need to provide is:
- Financial information – your current income and expenses
- Mortgage information – from your mortgage statement that contains your loan number(s).
Ready to Start Your Counseling Session Now?